Home

Monday, March 19, 2012

Choco-Vanilla Marble Cake

Marble Cakes are just too yummy to resist.  When I first made my marble cake many months ago (This one is my 4th), I was a bit concern if I would be able to achieve such marble look cake that I used to buy when I was in the Philippines. 

I was really thinking that it could be so complicated which I have found not true after I saw the result of the one I baked.  It was really delish!  The second time I baked it, I added some chopped walnuts and the husband loved it. This time though, I would revert to the original marble cake that I have made before for the sake of the kids.  Nuts might give them problems and I do not want that to happen.

Today, I checked my pantry if I still have enough self raising flour to use for the cake.  Unfortunately I could only have a cup of it.  To solve the problem, I decided to add a cup of plain flour.  To make the cake rise,  I also added 1 tsp of baking soda and 1 tsp of baking powder.  The result is quite the same actually.  Best of all, the cake's center did not sink. 

I also topped it with chocolate ganace and sprinkles.  To make this type of icing just click this one --->chocolate ganache.

Ingredients
2 cups, self raising flour, sifted
3/4 caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
125 g butter, melted
80 g chocolates, melted
2/3 fresh milk
2 eggs

Procedure
Cream the butter and sugar.
Pour in the vanilla.
Put in eggs, one at a time.  Continue mixing until it is light and fluffy.
Fold in the sifted flour alternately with milk until just mixed.
Divide the mixture into 2.
Put 1/2 of the mixture into another bowl.  Pour in the melted chocolates and stir until just mixed.
Grease a springform round cake pan.
Pour in the vanilla mixture alternately with the chocolate mixture. 
Use a metal spoon and stir the mixture in a dollop motion.
Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 160C.




Top with chocolate ganache and sprinkles.

Note:  If your marble cake appears to be like a plain chocolate cake on the outside, that's alright.  The surprise is when you slice the cake.  That's when you will see the marble - like look of the cake.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!