Home

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vanilla Puto (flour base)

This is my second puto recipe.  This time I am using vanilla as flavoring and plain flour.  Instead of steaming I baked the puto.  The result was just as yummy as my first puto.  I could have made a puto out of rice but having two daughters at home take too much of my time.  Hopefully next time I can make those puto made of rice flour.

Ingredients
4 c plain flour
2 c white or brown sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1/2 c butter, melted
1 c evaporated milk
2 1/2 water
2 eggs

Procedure
Sift together the dry ingredients.  Mix.
Make a well in the the center of the dry ingredients.
Put all the wet ingredient + eggs into the well.
Mix using wire whisk or electric mixer.
Pour the puto mix into a jug.
Grease muffin pans or prepare muffin cups.
Pour the batter -- 3/4 of the muffin pans or muffin cups.
Bake the puto in a preheated 180C oven for 13 - 15 minutes.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!