Home

Monday, May 28, 2012

Nilagang Pata ng Baboy (Pork Hock Stew)

I don't know which one I like better --- Beef or Pork Nilaga but all I can say is I love them both! Hehe.  Beef has a strong taste and would be more lovely if you add the fats to it when you cook your nilaga.  Pork Pata is also wonderful especially if the pork fats would be really cook for a number of hours that when you eat them, they just melt in your mouth.  I know both are bad for your health especially if you have a problem with your blood pressure but they're just so tempting to eat :).

I have already posted Nilagang Beef recipe so I will just add a bit this time.

Make sure that you get the front pork hock because it has more meat.
Ask your butcher to cut the pork hock into at least 5 pieces.  Boil them in a salted water for at least 3 hours ( I boiled mine for 4 hours) or until the fats and skins are alsmost off the bones.
Then follow the recipe for Nilagang Beef.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!