Home

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chocolate Rice Bubble Nests

Having 2 kids who are quite picky with food makes me think all the time on what dish to prepare that they would eat.  We bought Kellog's Rice Bubbles for them and it seemed like that they loved it the first few days until they get bored.  I decided to do the recipe at the back of the box hoping the kids will be interested again in it.  I have changed some the amounts of ingredients to suit my taste and the kids' tastes.   I also did a small twist to it , instead of jelly beans, I put football chocolates which look more eggs.  They loved the nests!!!  I also loved them...I am actually eating one of the nests while typing this recipe...hehe!

Ingredients
4 c rice bubbles
1 c dessicated coconut
3/4 c icing sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder (cadbury)
250 g copha (solidified coconut oil)
15 patty paper cups
30 chocolate footballs

Procedure
Sift the sugar.  Mix in all the ingredients except the copha. Set aside.
Cube the copha.  Slowly melt in a saucepan.  Let cool a bit.
Pour the copha onto the rice bubble mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
Scoop enough mixture onto the patty cups and make a shallow well at center (like a nest).  Put a couple of chocolate footballs on top of the nests.  Refrigerate until firm.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!