Home

Monday, May 14, 2012

Crunchy Herb Chicken Nuggets

What's the best way to prepare chicken which your little ones can enjoy eating?  Make them chicken nuggets -- crunchy chicken nuggets!  I love the nuggets at McDonalds but I think I would prefer to have this one that I concocted hehe!  They're really great!  One thing good about having chicken nuggets is not having to wrestle with the bones.  I remember April, a former colleague, selling chicken nuggets to everyone at school.  I would always get a couple of packets from her because my niece and nephew love them to bits (back then when I was still single).  That's April's bestsellers, she calls them McDo Chicken Nuggets but I think hers are much better that the ones sold at McDonalds.
Anyways, here's my recipe which you can enjoy.  I decided to steam the chicken with herbs boild in water first before frying them to add a twist to it.  The result is quite yummy!

Ingredients
6 chicken breasts, cut into 4 inches long
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs (you can make your own combination)
2 eggs
1 cup breadcrumbs (panko will make them crunchy)
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure
Put in the mixed herbs into the water of the steamer. Boil.
Sprinkle salt and pepper to the chicken.
Put the chicken breasts into the steamer.
Steam for 20 minutes from the time the water boils.
Remove the chicken from the steamer and let it cool and rest for awhile.
Cut the chicken into 4 inch strips.
Dip into the beaten egg and roll into the breadcrumbs.
Deep fry.
Serve with dill pickle sauce or ketchup.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!