Home

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chicken w/ Riesling and Mushroom

I got this recipe from my That's Life! Real Food recipe book collection that my dear husband has subscribed for me.  Right now I have 43 of them and he's asking me how many more will come?  I told him, maybe the number follows the design on the side of the recipe books hehe! Well anyway, I got curious with one of the recipes and I thought maybe I should try it just to know if my husband would love it and whoooaaah he did!  I did not know that Riesling is a wine before knowing this dish as I am not fond of alcohol no matter what kind they are.  I don't mind adding them to the food I am cooking though since they added more taste to them.

Riesling is a white grape variety which is used to make semi-sweet and sparkling white wine.  According to wikipedia,  it is included in the top 3 white wine varieties together with chardonnay and sauvignon blanc.  It originated in Germany and often consumed when young. Asided from Germany are now being harvested and made as wine in France, Austria, Australia and New Zealand. 

This dish that I cooked has that semi - sweet, tangy taste balanced by the cream added to it.  The result was just marvelous!  It has an appetizing smell and quite very delicious.  I would cook this again for sure.

Ingredients
1/2 k chicken pieces
4 stalks spring onions, minced
1 1/2 tsp, garlic, minced
1 chicken broth cube dissolved in 2/3 c water
1 c reisling or any white wine
2/3 c cream
2 tbsp plain flour
2 egg yolks
salt and pepper to taste
1 tin button mushrooms
1/2 butter

Procedure
Melt half of the butter in a non stick pan.
Sautee spring onions and garlic.
Stir in chicken.
Pour in the chicken broth, reisling and season with salt and pepper.
Boil the chicken for 30 minutes or until they are cooked through.
Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a smaller non stick pan.  Cook the mushroom in this butter and season salt and pepper.
When the chicken is cooked through, stir in the mushroom.
Simmer for at least 5 minutes.
Mix the egg yolks, flour and cream in a small bowl.
Switch of the stove and pour in the creamy mixture into the chicken. Stir.
Serve with rice or noodles.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!