Home

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Potato Wedges

Last Friday Steve and I took my mum in law and niece to a nearby cafe for an early dinner.  We had yummy burgers (rib fillet and aussie burgers) and sandwiches, vanilla.  Everything was so yummy and the wedges were a stand out.  I was telling Steve that I would try making those wedges probably experiment with the taste based from what we had at the cafe.  So today, I've checked the pantry if I have the probable herbs and other ingredients.  I had to ask my hubby to get me a cumin powder and more potatoes. 

I grabbed my apron and started chopping the potatoes and preparing the coating and so on and so forth hoping that the wedges will turn out really good.  It did!  The sweetness and spiciness tastes compliment each other.  They were crisp outside and tender inside.  I opted to have tomato sauce and mayo for the dips and oh boy they are soooo lovely!

Ingredients
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 cup light olive oil
500 g medium potatoes, scrubbed
salt to taste
sour cream, ketchup + mayo, or sweet chilli sauce for dips

Procedure
Mix cumin, coriander, paprika, sugar, chilli powder and salt in a bowl. 
Put the potato wedges in the bowl and toss and coat with the mixture.
Pour in olive oil. Make sure all wedges are well coated.
Place in a baking paper lined pan in a single layer.
Bake in a 200C preheated oven for 40 minutes until tender and crisp
Serve with your favorite dip.



A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!