Home

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cheesy Vegetable Omelet

My hubby loves egg and onions omelet.  I was supposed to cook one at lunchtime yesterday but then I decided to experiment again with some of the stuff I have in the fridge. 

I ended up making a cheesy vegetable omelet which I hope my hubby would also love.  So I got all the herbs I needed and started concocting another experiment of which my hubby is the guinea pig hahahah.  Surprisingly, the cheesy vegetable omelet turned out really good!

Ingredients
3 eggs
1 medium onion, minced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cheddar cheese
1/4 parmesan cheese
1 1/2 c mixed chopped veggies (carrots,brocolli, peas, cauliflower etc)
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp chives
salt and pepper to taste
30 g butter

Procedure
Whisk eggs in a bowl.  Add in salt and pepper.  Whisk in the 2 types of cheese.
Heat a pan and melt butter.
Sautee onions and the veggies.
Put in the herbs.  Stir.
Cook until half cooked.
Remove from pan.
Fry the egg - cheese mixture in the same pan.  Make sure that the mixture is evenly spread on the pan.
When it's a bit cooked, place the sauteed veggies in the center of the crepe. 
Fold the four sides of the crepe over the top of the veggies.
Get a plate big enough to cover the whole omelet.  Place the plate over the pan covering the omelet and flip the pan.
Put some parmesan on your omelet, then serve with your favorite dip.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!