Home

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cinnamon Bread Pudding w/ Sultanas

I was trying to bake hot cross buns but I have used the wrong type of bread flour that they turned out like rocks --- too tough actually even for adults to chew.  I really did not want to waste anything so I decided to recycle them into a nice bread pudding.  The result was delicious!  I think this is the easies pudding I have made so far because I did not need to mix much.

Ingredients
10 hot cross buns (or any stale raisin bread)
1 egg yolk (which I got from the egg I used for the empanada egg wash)
3 c fresh milk

Caramelised Sugar
1 c granulated sugar

Procedure
Chop the buns into small pieces and soak them in milk until they become really soft.  Use a metal spoon to do squash the buns.
Add the egg yolk.
Pour the caramelised sugar onto a loaf pan.
Pour the pudding batter onto the loaf pan.
Steam bake for 1 hour.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!