Home

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Instant Pancit Canton with a Twist


Instant Pancit Canton is the easiest meal that one can have when there's no more time to cook or buy ingredients from the market.  Just boil some water, and put the noodles in..mix the sauce and presto!  You have one nice meal!

In the Philippines, Lucky Me, Maggie and other instant noodle meal are quite very popular.  If I can still remember it right, we used to buy Php2.50 per pack.  Now I am not that sure how much does it cost to buy a pack of instant noodles. 

Here in Australia, you can buy the Philippine brand instant noodles at any Asian-Filipino store.  Howevery, if you are far from those stores, there's no choice for you but to get anything similar to it.  Nanay was the one who told me about Mi Goreng instant noodles that my brother in law would always buy in Melbourne so my husband rushed to the shop to buy some. 

We used to have it just plain boil and mix the sauce then eat but I grew tired of it.  I decided that maybe I could add a bit of twist to it so the taste would be similar to the homemade pancit canton dish.  The result was really good that whenever we have them on my pantry, I would certainly cook them with a twist.  

Here's the recipe

Ingredients
3 packets of Mi Goreng (or any instant pancit noodle brand)
1 c of mixed chopped veggies
1 c mixed seafood
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 medium onion, minced
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp maggie or knorr instant savour
1 tsp of ginisa mix granules

Procedure
Cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
Set aside the sauce mix.
Sautee onions, garlic, ginisa granules, mixed seafood and veggies.
Pour in the sauces  (the ones that come with the noodles and the other sauces)
Turn the heat to low and put in the noodles.  Mix well and serve hot.
A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!