Home

Monday, May 21, 2012

Mojos ala Shakey's 1


Back when I was still working in Miriam, I had this group of friends that I would always go out with to eat at different fast food / restaurants.  Each food trip we had would always be enjoyable not only because of the food but also because of the good company we were with.

One thing that we would always order at Shakey's then was this appetizing Mojos -- sliced potatoes coated with yummy breading mix deep fried until golden brown in color.  They were always served first before their delicious fried chicken wings and pizza. 

I came across with a Mojo recipe on internet but it calls for thyme which I only have in paste.  I decided to just use the ready made breading mix and they turned out yummylicious which my husband and daughters agreed to the max!  They have to be eaten though right after they were cooked.  It's best to eat them warm.

Next time I will try the other recipe for this too.

Ingredients
4 large potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c fresh milk
1 packet of White Wings breading mix

Procedure
Slice the potatoes into 1/3 inch thick.
Dip into milk.
Roll into thr breading mix.
Deep fry until golden brown in color.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!