Home

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chocolate Crinklers

I have always loved the yummy chocolatey chocolate crinklers that my students from years ago would give me every Christmas.  They are a bit crunchy on the outside and soft inside. 

I think you can also buy them from Goldilocks Bakeshoppe which I understand has international branches now.  My hubby and my daughters have grown to love this too and it is always on top of the list of request.

I remember too that when I brought this to the Catholic Church here in our place when the then Bishop of Toowoomba, Bishop William Morris visited our parish. The parishioners brought some food and goodies to be shared after the evening mass. Everyone was asking who made the chunkie but chewy chocolatey goodies. One of them asked me, and gee I felt flattered when I was told that it's really yummy! The bishop and our parish priest and some parishioners even asked if they could just bring the left over home. I didn't know how they managed to divide the crinklets but one thing good about it, the container is empty.

Ingredients
2 c all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
1 c granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla essence
125 g chocolate chips, melted
1 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 c confectioners sugar
Procedure

Cream the butter in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer
Whisk the granulated sugar in and continue mixing for 2 minutes

Add in the cocoa powder and melted chocolate then mix again for a minute


Put-in the eggs and vanilla essence then continue to mix until the texture becomes fluffy
Add-in the flour, salt, and baking powder then mix again until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Cover the mixing bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours
Remove the cover and scoop the mixture using 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon




Form a ball of chocolate mixture and then roll onto the confectioners sugar.

Place balls in a baking paper lined cookie sheet.
Make sure that they have enough spaces in between.
Bake in a 175C preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!