Home

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spicy Chicken Wings Adobo

This is first of the recipes that I would make for my Adobo series in my foodblog so please enjoy reading, cooking and eating. 
The Philippines is an Adobo Nation.  If I am ask what is my mother country's national dish, I would definitely say adobo without batting an eyelash.  Adobo is a Filipino dish that I think has the most variations...depending from the family you come from, town or province or region you come from.  No adobo dish will taste the same.  Each one has her/his own version.  My husband would always tell me, "how come this adobo is different from the adobo you last cooked? and from the other adobos that you cooked?"  Gee, I have no answer for that haha!  What I have learned from my husband, adobo should not be cooked with vinegar overpowering the taste of the dish...he said it would kill the adobo taste.  So this time, I made sure that I take note of all the amount of each ingredient that I would add to my adobo dish.  I have also decided to add a kick to it ...adding hot chilli flakes!  There result is quite delicious.  I suggest that you try this next time you decide to cook adobo.

Ingredients
1/2 k chicken wings
1/3 c vinegar
1/4 c soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp knorr or maggie savour
1 tbsp hot chilli flakes
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp garlic, granules
1 medium onions, sliced into rings

Procedure
Mix all the ingredients except onions and minced garlic and the chicken.  Marinate the chicken in the mixture for an hour.
Heat oil in a non stick pan.  Fry the chicken until golden brown. 
Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Sautee garlic and onions. Put in the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
Pour in the marinade sauce.  Boil the chicken until cooked.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!