Home

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Seafood Marinara Spaghetti

My husband bought a mixed seafood packet in a box the other day.  I was wondering what am I going to do with it because the prawns and squids in the mix were quite small.  I would not buy them if we have fresh ones here.  How I miss the fresh seafood in Hagonoy! 

Because of their sizes, I can only use them as panghalo or just a flavouring for my dishes.  Then I remember the seafood spaghetti that I have had before in the Philippines.  I've looked for recipes on the internet and I did  find some but most are complicated.  I did not have much time to cook yesterday since I felt so tired...not much sleep because of my 8 month old baby girl, and my 21 month old toddler.  So, anyway, after reading those recipes, I'd decided to make my own recipe of Seafood Marinara Spaghetti.  Marinara sauce is actually tomato based sauce so don't be surprised if the taste has a bit strong tomato taste.

Ingredients:
500 g spaghetti (cooked to package instruction)
500 g seafood marinara mix (or fresh seafood, get adventurous)
1 275 g tin of peeled, crushed tomatoes
3 medium size, fresh tomatoes (boiled and crushed)
1 C tomato sauce  (or 1/4 C tomato paste dissolved in 3/4 c water + 1 tsp sugar)
2 tbsp, garlic, minced
1 medium size, onion, minced
1/4 C olive oil or 50 g butter
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley (or fresh ones, minced)
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp flaked chillis (or fresh ones)
1/3 C heavy cream
1/2 C parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
  1. Sautee onions, garlic.  Add fresh tomatoes, tin tomatoes and tomato sauce.  Cook until a bit thick.  Put in all the herbs including the cheese.
  2. Put in the marinara mix. Cook for 2 minutes.
  3. Pour the cream and add salt and pepper.  Simmer.
  4. Serve hot.
Note:  See the ingredients for the other tips.  You can play with the amount of herbs that you would like to add.  Sometimes I would add more depending on the amount of sauce I am making.  If the sauce is a bit strong for you because of the tomatoes, just add sugar.

 A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!