Home

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pinoy Crispy Chicken Adobo Flakes


Adobo is considered to be the national dish of the Philippines.  I believe that all Filipinos have their own versions of this wonderful and very versatile dish.  This time, I tried cooking Crispy Chicken Adobo Flakes.  This recipe is one of my Adobo Series that I could say that I am really proud of not only because my husband loved it but also because it is really yummy to the max!  It could be eaten as is or you can add sliced tomatoes...eat it with rice or garlic rice or even put it in your bread.


I remember that a dear friend and a former colleague of mine used to bring to school her famous adobo flakes each time there would be a celebration.  Everyone would really have fun eating her delicious adobo flakes and in a flash it's all gone.  I think it was their secret family recipe...may be that's the reason why I was not able to get its recipe hehehe.

Well anyway, I suddenly found myself craving for adobo flakes so I did cook one nice adobo flakes dish that I would certainly cook again and again.

Ingredients
1 k chicken breast w/o the skin
1 c water
1/2 c white vinegar
1/2 c kikkoman soy sauce
4 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 medium size onions, diced
salt and pepper to taste
2 pcs bay leaf

Procedure
Mix everything in a measuring glass. 
Place the chicken pieces in a bowl.
Pour the mixture onto the chicken.
Set aside for 30 minutes.
Boil everything together in a medium fire until the chicken pieces absorbed the flavour.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove from fire.
Remove the chicken from the pot. 
Let it cool a bit.
Shred the pieces of chicken using forks or using your fingers.
Put the shredded chicken in a big plate and drizzle with half of the juice of the adobo.
Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the shredded chicken until they are crispy and brown.
Place the fried adobo flakes in a plate and drizzle again with the remaining half of the adobo juice.  Top with garlic granules (mcormick) and sliced tomatoes.
Serve with rice or bread. 
A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!