Home

Monday, June 4, 2012

Beef Lumpiang Togue (Beef and Bean Sprouts Spring Rolls)

Normally in making lumpiang toge, pork meat is added.  This time I made my own recipe using beef instead of pork.  I have also added chicken broth cube and ginisa mix to enhance the flavour.  This has alwasy been my favourite since I was still a kid.  There would not be a Sunday when I would not buy this at that vendor near the trike waiting area.  They were really quite yummy. 

I have cooked this dish before but experimenting with my other recipe but my husband prefers this one though as the taste is better (which I definitely agree with). 

Ingredients
1/3 K beef, cubed and then cut thinly
1/2 c small prawns or shrimps
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium size onion, minced
2 c bean sprouts
1 small potato, cut into small cubes
1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick size
1/2 c green beens, cut diagonally but small size
1 chicken broth cube
1 ginisa mix
2 tbsp kikkoman soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure
Sear the beef just until a bit brown.  Remove from pan.
Sautee onions and garlic.  Put the beef back to the pan.
Add the chicken broth cube, ginisa mix, soy sauce and salt and pepper.  Stir for 3 minutes.
Put in the veggies.  Stir.  Add 1/4 c of water.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from pan and wrap in your spring roll wrappers.
I was able to make 20 pieces of spring rolls using this recipe.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!