Home

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Herbed Meatballs

I have been doing meatballs for years now since I arrived in Australia.  My mum-in- law makes wonderful and yummy meatballs which she would usually add to a sweet and sour sauce mixture.  I have always loved them. 

Another meatballs that I so love is that big one you get when you order the Spaghetti and Meatballs at Yellow Cab.  I tried to search about it and I've found out that that is the Swedish Meatballs.  I wanted to make that this time but when I checked the fridge, my hubby had used up all the cream!  So no choice for me but to do my own recipe of meatballs.  I chose which herbs to include in the mixture and lazy as I am in measuring, I decided to just 1 tsp for most of them and use the ever dependable crumb in one mix (white wings).

The result was really yummy and in fact my picky eater daughter had 4 meatballs while watching Barney.

Ingredients
500 g beef, minced
1 egg
1/3 c evaporated milk
1/3 c crumb in one mix (White Wings)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper, ground
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp chives
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
2 tsp garlic granules
2 medium onions, minced
2 tbsp olive oil

Procedure
Mix all dry ingredients and milk in a small bowl.
Place the beef minced in a bigger bowl.
Add in the dry ingredients-milk mixture to the meat. Add one egg and mix thoroughly with your hands.
Form golf ball size meatballs and deep fry until golden brown. Set aside.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!