Home

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Turbo Roast Chicken in soy, lemon and herbs

Turbo roast chicken has always been a favorite in our family.  I still think that no one can beat my father's roasted chicken. 

Each time he made one when he was still around, the whole family would devour the chicken like starving hyenas...hehehe.  I guess that's the exact way to describe it.  Everyone will fight over the legs and the wings.  I will get the wings of course!  Tatay would usually marinade the chicken with soy sauce and calamansi (calamondin) juice.  He then would put fresh tamarind fruits inside the chicken cavity and tied the chicken up with string tightly.  After it was cooked, Tatay would get all the tamarind and mix it with the chicken drippings...making a wonderful sauce for the roast chicken.  Believe me, it's one hell of a roast!  The succulent meat is sooo heavenly!  Oh if only we have fresh tamarind here, I would surely make that same roast that my father would usually make for us.

In this recipe, I made my own  concoction of herbs, soy sauce, lemon juice and olive oil.  My husband was asking me if I got the recipe from the internet and I told him no.  This is mine and mine alone haha!  So as usual, my husband is one curious guy when it comes to ingredients, he asked me how I made the roast...what herbs did I put on it ...and so on and so forth.  I think I've made him more amazed of my adventurous cooking skills.

Ingredients:

1 medium size whole chicken
2 lemon
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 c soy sauce
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tsp salt
1 tsp of each of the ff herbs
  • thyme
  • rosemary
  • coriander (cilantro)
  • parsley
  • oregano
  • basil
Procedure:

Make small slits or incisions around the chicken.
Rub olive oil on the chicken and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix all the rest of the ingredients and the juice of one lemon.
Marinade the chicken with the mixture.  Do this in a baking pan.  Slice the lemon into two and put inside the cavity of the chicken.  Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
Put the chicken in the turbo.  Set the temperature to 200C and the timer to 40 minutes.  After 40 minutes, flip the chicken to cook the other side. Set the timer of another 20 minutes.
Use the drippings as sauce.
    
A comment or two will be appreciated...

2 comments:

  1. Will try to make this one! Two thumbs up, ms.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u maan...please don't forget to take a photo of your roast chicken so i can upload it here...i have received a lot of great comments from those who have tried this recipe and i hope you and your family will enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete

It would be nice to hear from you!