Home

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Strawberry & Rosewater Gateau

This recipe is from one of the cookbook series that my husband subscribed for me.  We went to IGA to buy some supplies and I saw fresh strawberries and I remember that I had a recipe asking for them so I ended up buying them too. 

Ingredients
175 g butter, softened
175 g caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
175 g self-raising flour
3 tbsp Rosewater
150 ml cream
225 g strawberries
icing sugar to dust


Procedure
Cream butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
Gradually beat in eggs.
Fold in the flour iwht a metal spoon.
Add in 2 tbsp rosewater
Divide the cake batter between two 8 inch baking pan (which were lightly greased)
Bake for 20 minutes in a 190C preheated oven.
Whip cream until it holds its shape.  Fold in the remaining tablespoon of rosewater.
Slice strawberries in half.
Spoon the cream onto one sponge and arrange some strawberries around the edge.  Top with the second sponge and press down lightly.  Decorate with more strawberries and a few mint leaves or leaves of the strawberries. 
Dust with icing sugar.
A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!