Home

Friday, June 22, 2012

Choco-Banana-Walnut Loaf

What do I do with the over riped bananas? That's always a problem in our house.  My husband would always buy bananas but forget eating them...$4+ a kilo goodness!  Wish I were in the Philippines!  We definitely have better bananas and at a cheap price too...hehe!
Ohh how I miss the binutuan, senyorita and lakatan.

Anyway, this recipe calls for cocoa.  Since I have two girls who are a bit picky with bread and cake, I decided to add cocoa to make them happy.  The result was really yummy...moist loaf with rich chocolate and banana flavour.

Ingredients
1 c plain flour
1/2 c self raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 c cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
125 g butter, softened
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 c walnuts, chopped

Procedure
Cream butter and sugar.
Add in eggs one at a time.
Add in vanilla.
Add in cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
Put in the mashed bananas.
Add in the flour, half a cup at a time.
Fold in walnuts.
Bake for 40 minutes in a 180C preheated oven.

A comment or two will be appreciated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It would be nice to hear from you!